Abuse Support Community
Domestic Violence

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Domestic Violence

I am in the middle of an investigation where I turned my ex husband in for Domestic Violence. He pulled a gun on me and he is in Law Enforcement. My mom does not believe me. She said she will not support me until she hears the story from everyone who was present. How can I get her to see I am telling the truth? I am in counseling but it hurts that she is not there for me.
Well,  the good thing is apparently there were others who were present that will back you up so this will be a learning experience for her to see you were telling the truth.

So,  how you can get her to see you are telling the truth is to have the others call her and inform her.
Ask the others to  speak to her, did you report him ?
I agree with the advice you've already got, I just wanted to caution you to be very careful and I can't stress that enough.. Women become very vulnerable when they leave their husbands. I do not believe in staying with them when you are unhappy or for the childern and it is a very personal choice of course. Just wanted to caution you. Up in Wash. state we had a police chief kill his ex right in front of Macy's with her childern in the car, and then shot himself. He went over the edge when his wife threatened him with ruining his carreer in law enforcement, it was horrid. I am in no way suggesting that you are a threat to your husband. It bad enough for regular people to leave but when your husband is in law enforcement it's like a double whammy. I am only concerned for your safety. I hope that you can mend relations with your mother very soon. Maybe you could sit down and have a private talk with her about how much you are going to need her to be an advocate & mother & friend getting through this. Good luck to you. Take care!
I agree with aheart.  Be cautious about what you say and do through this delicate time.

The positives are that he apparently acted out with the gun in a group of friends who were at your home ??  Also that you do have a mom in case you need a place to stay....altho' there may be shelters.  There are here.

Mom will probably come around.  She may not want the drama...so being calm now will help.
wow that is sad! if i told my mother something like that she would believe me! i would believe my child if they told me something like that also?i cant imagine how that would feel! u said she wont believe u until she hears the story from everyone who was present? ok who was there? beside him? have them go with u to tell ur mom..or give a police statement..which i hope u did! i hope he is still an ex and u are not going to run back to him! cuz if he did it once he will do it again or possibly something else to hurt u! abuse is wrong or even threatening period! and i consider pulling a gun out on someone is threatening and mental abuse and he could of shot u! ur lucky he didnt! u need to put his *** in jail!