Abuse Support Community
Emotional stress

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Emotional stress

How is it possible for a wonderful lady to get over the effects of abuse from a 14 year relationship.  He cheated on me and has been playing games with the property we own.  The house is done but the motor home is not.  I can not handle it anymore.  I want to go with my life and leave the past behind.  HOW!!!
' Just Do It'   may I ask what is stopping you, 14 years is a long time to take this crap...A wonderful lady deserves a wonderful life time to go get it, plenty of good kind men out there looking for someone like you.Pick yourself up, dust your self off, and start all over again '
I think a therapist would be a wonderful idea for you.  Someone neutral that you can really explore why this relationship holds you in bondage.  Is that something you'd consider??  Sometimes when we are in an unhealthy relationship, we've developed unhealthy thought patterns that we have to undo.  So, the help of a therapist could be a great thing for you.

There is also a group called 'infidelity' here at med help and a 'divorce and break up' forum where you could get support.  For the divorce and break up, go to the above tool bar and hit forums and look on the left hand side of the page in member communities.  Look for Divorce and Break up.  Also you can find user groups there where "infidelity" should be.  (contact me if you need any help!)

Good luck.  Sounds like this relationship caused you a lot of pain and I'm sorry for that.  Wishing you peace dear.
Ask yourself how much is your life worth it? You can't change the past but you can have a better future, however if you keep staying where you are at, things will never change, and your life will pass you by, and you will end up with regrets and nothing else. I filed for divorce two years ago, after 10 years of abusive marriage: he cheated and accused me of cheating (which I never did), I had to work three jobs to support him (no job was ever good enough for him) while going to school, and on top of everything else I got physical abused as well. I put a restraining order on him once, forgave him, but the last time when he started to threat me again I decided THAT WAS IT!
Guess what? A year after my divorce I met this wonderful man (when I wasn't even looking for anyone) that is everything and more I would have ever hoped to find, he treats me like a princess, and we have so much fun together. He is a hard worker, respectful, and the most loving human being. If two years ago anyone would have ever told me I could be this happy I would have not believed them.
Have the courage to move on, that jerk does not deserve you, you are entitled your happiness. Good luck!