Abuse Support Community
I think my girlfriend was sexually abused by her dad

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

I think my new girlfriend was sexually abused by her Dad. She is 45yrs old, says she never had sex until 8 yrs ago when she moved to Canada from Manilla. Her dad, whome she loved very much, died last year. We have had several fights that I have now figured out related to young girls in my life. My niece 21, my son's gf 18 and the 18yr old girl that cut my hair the other day. She gets into a fit of jelousy after these girls have communicated with me.
After the last arguement she was crying and saying how much she missed her dad.I think she never had sex while in Manilla as she would have felt like she was cheating on her dad.
She has a healty sex drive, has told me from our beginning that she would never say no to me sexually, but the act itself is very mechanical, almost emotionless.
Her jeleous rages I am assuming are due to her relating young girls to the older father type.
I need to deal with it immediately or we will split up soon.
How do I approach her? What should I say?
She might have been abused but not by her father (he might have even been the only good person in her life when someone else was bad), or she might not have been abused at all but simply has sexual issues from some other source.  Whether or not your hunches are correct, any boyfriend has the right to ask his girlfriend to get counseling if her jealous rages are out of control and not appropriate to the situation.  *Are* you flirting with those young girls?  If you are, you don't have the right to come on in a superior way and tell her that her reactions are wrong and she needs to see a therapist.  But if your communications with them are exactly as they would have been with a male relative or haircutter, and she still gets into rages, then you do have the right to ask her to get some counseling.  

magoo,  you refer to her as your "new girlfriend".  She's not a big part of your life right now,  I think I would move on if I were you.  

She sounds emotionally disturbed.   You will want to continue loving close relationships with your niece and the young women your son is involved with,  (your haircutter,  not so much).  

Sometimes,  you have to break free and move on to find more healthy relationships.  This woman isn't it.   In time,  if you stay with her she'll cut you off from your beloved niece and son.

I agree with Annie,
Also You prying into her past whether or not she was sexually abused which You might never know is not really appropriate