Abuse Support Community
I'm being verbally abused by my husband..what can i do to make him...

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

I'm being verbally abused by my husband..what can i do to make him stop?

I have been married for 24 years to a man that is very abusive to me.I have tryed to do everythng this man demands from me but i'm tired of being belittled and abused by my husband. my husband consistally calls me names and makes me cry just so he a feel good about himself. It hurts to hear him call me a ***** and cheating ***** when i have never been with any other man or even looked at one. i have had to endure this man slapping me and spitting on me ,throwing food and feces at me,telling me i'm nothing but a fat slob ***** with no heart and taking my life away from me by not letting me go any were or talk to no one without his permission. I'm 43 and have no way to support my self due to him taking my money and car away.He tells people that i'm stupid and they should not talk to me cause i have a disease...(i have never had any diseases in my life)I recently have been dignosed with a brain tumor and need to have surgery to stop the severe pain im having.He want let me go to the doctor now or refuses to let me have the surgery cause he says i deserve to have the pain.what did i ever do in life to deserve this type of treatment from a man i dd love. I had never been with any other guy or never had a boyriend before i met him. I'm so alone in my home now since my children are grown and moved out. I'm afraid to leave him cause he says he will take everything i own and will make my life aliving nightmare if i dare to tell anyone bout my life or leave him. PLEASE HELP ME BY GIVING ME ADVICE ON WHAT I CAN DO .
If you stay the abuse will continue and if he hits you its not simply verbal abuse it also physical abuse, ther is no other advice except you have to pluck up courage to go,if you ownn a property jointly he cannot take your share like wise good and things from the home.May I ask how he can stop you going to a Doctor does he physically restrain you ?
Do ur kids know of the abuse?If u want to leave which u need to call abuse shelters they will get u out of there or u u can simply call the police.He will b arrested.U can get a restraing order so u dont have to leave ur home and they will makes sure u get the keys to ur vehicle.He sounds crazy and he needs to  b locked up.Not only for abuse but false imprisionment.Its only going to get worse
Talk to a minister, if you can't bring yourself to talk to anyone else.  But you really need to involve the police at this point.
I agree,  involve the police,  your doctor who is treating you for your tumor,  and the Battered Women's shelter in your area.  

Sometimes you can be so swallowed up in the situation that you don't know all the help that's available to you.  

He's not about to make your life a living hell for leaving him - he already HAS made it that way.  And who cares if you lose your stuff?  You don't need more than the barest minimum to live a happy life.   Start by talking to your doctor.
Life your life.. Be happy..i see this everyday..enjoy life the way you want to enjoy it and leave.. Please..
You cant make him stop what hes to accustomed to doing.. Or what hes been allowed to do and knows he can get away with..
You are best sending a note, or PM as e-mails are not put up on forums.Glad you are doing okay
You have had more than your share of abuse. It's time to make your own fate and trust in the Lord a little bit. I understand you are afraid where you will end up but when we start doing things right as God intended, then good things come to us. For one thing I doubt very much your kids would let you become homeless and you will make them proud that you showing him that he cannot treat women like that and keep them. Something your kids need to learn themselves because history has a way of repeating itself if they don't learn from your example. You can do this honey, millions of women before you have done it and so can you!! You have all the moral support you need right here. Good Luck to you. God Bless You (if it applies)