Abuse Support Community
Lortab Addiction & Needing Help.

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Lortab Addiction & Needing Help.

I have had an addiction to Lortab for a little over a year now, and in the last 3 months it has got very bad. I have a two year, who i gave birth to at 17. I stay at home all day with him, besides on Tuesdays and Thursdays when i go to school (in which, i am about to graduate with a associates in early child care development). My mother was addicted to crack my whole life, along with my grandfather, and who ever my step father was at the time. I am still happily with the father to my child, and he knows about my addiction, but i don't think he understands the severity of it and i do. I promised my self, and SWORE to myself that i would NEVER EVER allow myself to become addicted to anything for my child, but i have, and it is making me very depressed. I have found a friend who gets a drug called "suborxine" (not really sure on the spelling). But it is for people fighting pain pill addictions. We have no insurance at all, and we are labeled "low-income." I NEED to go to a detox/rehab program or talk to a counselor but i can't b/c i cannot pay for it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anything would be awesome since i have nothing right now. Also, I have been having terrible pains in my kidneys... is this normal for pain pill addiction? Thank you, and BTW-- this is the first ime i have used this forum.    
We have a substance abuse forum on MH go back to the forum page and check it out,some good folks there may be able to advise you.Good Luck
they also have free addiction clinics that may help call the hot line and find out, but MaryPops has a good idea  luck  jo
It is my understanding that family members can possess a gene that make it possible to easily become addicted to drugs and alcohol, and perhaps many other things and behaviors.

Blaming yourself for having become addicted to this drug is not productive.  Recognizing that you are addicted IS productive.  And wanting to get well now is absolutely fantastic.  You need to take charge of your life with the recognition that addiction is something that comes easily for you and therefore you must always be careful not to overindulge in  any thing or substance that could become addictive.  Even cigarretts!  Seeing that your family members have had addiction issues themselves makes it more believeable that this gene can be passed from one family member to another through the generations.  Your child can also be easily addictable.  So keeping your life as clean as possible, you will do him an enormous favor toward staying healthy himself.

As well as using this forum mentioned to you, you may need to have more intervention help than just talk.  Contact your local community mental health services and ask about their "sliding scale" for payment determination amounts. For some it determines one must pay full fee, for others it may amount to partial payment fees, and for some it may waive the fee altogether.  Nobody is turned away.  So contact them.  IF you cannot find an answer, contact your Crisis Line for information, or your local hospitals.  You can get help.  You just need to be determined to get it.  Good luck and keep in touch.            K