Abuse Support Community
My daughter is hooked on pain killers..she snorts them

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

My 19 year old daughter is addicted to pain killers.  She does not ingest them, she snorts them.  She steals them if she knows where she can find them, I'm sure she buys them on the street and probably orders them from rx companies on line.  She has flunked out two semesters in a row at college.  She doesnt work and we support her because of college.  She was on academic warning last semester and failed three out of four of her classes this semester.  Now she wants to quit or take a break, however...it's really cuz she cant do the drugs and go to school at the same time.  She refuses an inhouse rehab facility, what can two loving parents do to help this in trouble young girl who wants to hang out with junkes, smoke weed and snort drugs and forget about the dreams she's had most of her life?
If you are supporting her and she lives in your house you can insist she gets help, you may need to get intervention help for her, it is her life and her health at risk, so be strong , go to seek help for her, ask your Doctor for a referal ,do it ASAP
if you are supporting her habit, you are making a cripple out of her and soon it will end in strong stuff and later death i have seen these cases if she is under your roof you own the air she breathes tell her rehab or else because you love her and do not want to see her die, she will go to stronger stuff you know unless something or someone helps her she is to young for this i know it hurts but you must be firm kids have a way of getting around their parents and the parents want to beleive so bad they ignore the red flags  luck  jo
This is a weird idea and I don't really know what I am talking about.But if she got arrested could she be forced into rehab? I am thinking (and this goes back many years) of a mother of two boys, both on drugs. Somehow she got the police involved. One of her sons recovered and is forever grateful. The other was lost to her. I don't remember what happened to him.
I dont think it is a matter of being arrested it is a matter of taking advice and seeking help....
Some people are so sick that they don't do this voluntarily.