Abuse Support Community
Newborn w/o Parents

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Newborn w/o Parents

I am a Nana with a son who won't let me interface with his children.  One is 5 and another is just a newborn not only a month old.  My son has issues and his mate has issues and her parents definately have issues.  I don't want anyone to go to jail or loose a job, but I would like to take care of the newborn.  I have grevious issues with the way he is being treated and the crying (the other mother says "cry till you die"....honestly, he wasn't even 10 days old.  I would like to take him.,  Are there penalities for calling CPS and is it annomous?
Yes you certainly can call CPS if you believe the child is being abused .,they will look into it, and it is anonymous .May I ask why your son wont allow you access to seeing the child ?
You say you "don't want anyone to go to jail or lose a job." What is it you are not telling us that could help us understand the problem? You are anonymous on this forum and so are we.
although there had never been a report made to CPS, my Husband and I petitioned the court to be awarded custody of our GrandDaughter based on our own observations that there were problems (drugs) that impacted this Child.  We were immediately awarded "temporary" custody for 90 days while the court ordered an investigation.  We had to pay for the investigation (500$) but the court appointed the investigator and also appointed an attorney for our GrandDaughter.  Our Son, Daughter-in-law, Our GrandDaughter, and my Husband and myself were all investigated and also interviewed by the attorney.  At the end of 90 days, we were awarded full custody.  We had to pay for papers to be filed (200$) - so, for a total cost of 700$, we rescued our GrandDaughter.  No one lost a job and no one went to jail.
I myself called CPS, explained that we wanted to pursue custody and why, and CPS walked me through step by step what I needed to do to petition the court for custody.  There was never a report or complaint made to CPS.
Good Luck
(our GrandDaughter is now 20 Years Old and attending College, a Beautiful Girl/Person who  has Goals and Dreams and Believes in HerSelf!!)
dear ttinkkerbbell i just read ur post n iam going threw something like what u did but things have not turned so good for me so far.i reported abuse n that my granddaughter was being molested by her dad when it was reported my grand daughter was with me she was with me maybe 3 days when cps infromed me that my daughter still had her rights has a parent n so they were able to take her from me n have her go stay with her fathers sister also iam to have no contact with my grand daughter what so ever because that is what my daughter wants.my grand daughter is 4yrs old i have taken care of her since birth my daughter lived with me the first 2yrs of the baby life but when she moved i saw n took care of my grand daughter ever day her n i r very close she never wants to go home when she is with me iam the only one she has ever really been with her only baby sitter she's ever had iam ready to sell my home just to pay for a lawer just so i can have visits with her i dont kno what else to do can u or any one help me iam so desperted thank u for any help or comments cristina's nana