Pen Pal Service
Anyone know if there are pen pal services where abuse victims can write to each other and build lasting friendships? I want to get involved in this and make some friends one to one. This place is excellent but it's like me plus an entire community and not everyone wants to make a lasting friend on here they just want to spill feelings and get advise so I'm not sure where to look. I am looking for a more personal approach where I can choose someone to start writing to regularly. I think this would really help me as an abuse victim myself.

Tina.
I do know many folks here do message each other regularly usually when they are kindred souls with similar outlooks or share as you say feelings , have you tried googling for a pen pal there are I am sure a lot of folks would like to share and natter with.
If you get on facebook, you can "friend request" Stop Child Abuse, and join their forum. It consists of abuse victims, they tell their story, they respond to you and whatever you need.  And yes, they will be pen pals.

I was horribly abused, you certainly can give me your e-mail address and I would be happy to share, it's theraputic.  Mine is ***@****
ive been abused n every way except sexually...u can send me a msg. i wudnt mind havin some1 2 talk 2 know knows what im goin thro.
Sorry to hear that emilykay there are many on Med Help wont mind chatting to you and if you scroll down on thsi forum you will find members you can PM(Private Message) or send a note.When you feel ready you can put your story up here for input ..good luck
I think that nowadays you must be very careful about hooking up with anyone via the internet. The very person you choose as a pen pal could be a serial abuser looking for a victim.The internet is a great information tool. It is not a viable substitute for a social life.