Abuse Support Community
SSRI post treatment

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

SSRI post treatment

I am currently on Suboxone and trying to stay off the downward spiral I have been on the last three years. My doctor prescribed me Lexapro to help with severe anxiety and depression. My phamacy gave me Celexa though (not sure if there is much of a difference). Has anyone tried SSRIs during their recovery? Did it help? I really do not want to resort to another drug but the anxiety has been bad. Any words of encouragement or advice are greatly appreciated. I am in my second week of no hydrocodones after taking about 25-30 10mg per day.
Hi!  The anxiety is part of the withdrawls and probably part of the recovery process.  I was already on anti-depressant and anxiety meds when I started.to abuse hydrocodone.  I too took suboxone.  It worked great.for.me.  you should talk to your doc about switching your meds around. Maybe a different anti-depressant or low dose anxiety med.  You know tje anxiety that comes with drug abuse, the paranoia?  It will probably go away with treatment.  It should get better the further out you go.  Good luck in your recovery!  It is hard work but very worth it to.stay sober!!
Congratulations on getting off oxy's (me too, yeah us). You mentioned that you didn't want to go on meds, and if you think you might give it a shot without, just thought i'd give you this heads up. My son had terrible social anxiety , but after taking coQ10 and magnesium for a couple of months, he was no longer nearly as anxious, nor depressed. All of a sudden he could speak up in tutorials and talk to professors, and meet new people. In case you want to give something else a try, i strongly recommend it. The very best luck to you.
Thank you for the suggestion!
I will talk to my doctor. It was the suboxone doctor who pescribed the anti depressant/anxiety meds. Maybe it was just for short term since I am a newbie.?