Abuse Support Community
The aftermath
About This Community:

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

The aftermath

I left the guy that I was in a abusive relationship with over a year ago. But i know that it is still affecting me and i want to be totally over it. I know I have trust issues now and haven't been able to even try to give my heart to some else. I meant a lot of good guys but i cant bring myself to getting to close to them. I have dreams that relate back to my trust issues and me feeling unprotected. It causes me not to be able to sleep well. My 22 now and was with him for 3-4 years.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
932659_tn?1332122304
Hello :)

Thank God you left him.  My last relationship was very physically abusive.  A lot of what happened then with him affects me now, I cannot believe just how much.  I cannot trust anybody, am afraid to speak my mind to anybody, etc. etc.  The only thing that has helped me is domestic abusive counseling.  I don't know if it's available in your state but in mine we have free domestic abusive counseling and it is totally confidential.  I wish you luck and if you ever need to chat, just PM me :)
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
It takes time some folks heal quicker than others,3-4 years a long time to be with someone . , sometimes we can over think I find its easier to switch off those negative thoughts that take us back to the past , next time give yourself a few mins then say 'Enough' and switch to doing /thinking something positive Same at night I expect you lay there mulling it over ..time to get tough and switch off. You will meet someone else...
Blank
@anewlife4me thank you. i never really wanted to go to a domestic abusive center, but now im thinking its time.

@margypops: I dont really think about it. I have recently just started to notice that I behave the way I do because of what I have been through. Its a very unconscious issue.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Abuse Support Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...