Abuse Support Community
What should I do

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

What should I do

My Mother couldn't control an argument we were having and she hit me. Kept punching me in the face I was laying down. As I got up to defend myself she said that ny face wasn't pregnant and was pulling my hair. I was trying to walk away and she was hitting my back. I'm 22 weeks pregnant & decided to leave I packed all of my things and finally moved in with my boyfriend. My little sisters and older sister are still living at home. My dad is away at work won't be back till the weekend
** I'm 21 yrs old
Call the police and report her for assault.  It's the best thing you can do.  If she's that easily set off, you need to protect your siblings.
hi lyanne..its posts like this that gets me either shouted at or kicked off medhelp coz i say what i feel....or because i say what everyone else feels or says..either way...what the ****? yer mother?....and your pregnant?....i dont know your family history..an you could be a little ***** to your mum for all i know but at the end of the day...your carrying a baby....so wrong in so many ways.....
You should certainly leave you are an adult and you have to think of the child, what does your father say... is he around? What about other realatives is there anyone to help, other than that in most areas the have homes for abused woman , look it up online in your area ..good luck
I'm SO sorry that you have to deal with this. I would definitely go to the hospital, tell them what happened, get pictures of any marks, and call the police. Anything else would be enabling your mother to do this again. I'm sorry that on top of everything that happened to you, this incident requires you to take action, but in order to protect your siblings, it does. If your moving in with your boyfriend is uncomfortable in any way, then i agree it might be better for you to go to a women's shelter. Either way, Congratulations on your new life, God Bless you..
You have left. Case closed. Just be sure not to acquire any of your mother's nasty traits.A baby's life will soon be in your hands. I am sure you will treat it with love and gentleness.