Abuse Support Community
abused

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

abused

I am 42 years old, divorced, father, with full custody 10 year old daughter, and was physical and mentally abuse by my mother. I do love her and have kept a pretty strong relationship with her throughout the years. Just resently (1 1/2 yrs), she has tried to take control of my life including what happens with my daughter. Is there anything I can do about the abuse as a child?  
I doubt it  other than speak to her about it ,she can only control your life now you are an adult if you let her. ,your daughter is your affair , what is your mother like towards your daughter is she abusive then you do not have anything to do with her. ,you protect your child ,can you give us further information, are you both living with your mother .? .
I don't believe there is anything you could do about the abuse, check the statute of limitations in your state.  I'd say not to have your daughter around your Mother alone, but like margy said, it would be helpful if we had a bigger picture here.
No, I have not live with my mother since I was 18years old. When going through my divorce in 2004 I had a stroke a 36 and my mother was  a great asset and really helped me out with my daughter. Now that my daughter is older and I have started date (no my daughter does not know nor does she need to until its the right time.) my mother does not approve and tried to remove my daughter from my home. Police were called and she was removed. During this she did asualt me but prosecuter did not follow thru with any charges. We have not been the same since she still expects to take my daughter on week long vacation without me (we use to do this together) she expects to get my daughter on a set schedule. She is know haveing my exwife fight me for custody so she can get what she wants. My ex-wife can not have daughter over night do to divorce judgement stating no over night guest of the oppesite sex will child is present. (she moved in with boyfriend and can have daughter there) This has been going on for about 3 years with exwife. My ex-wife now picks up our daughter and goes to my mothers for the weekend. ( and then i get basshed by them). I have tried to get a protection order but was denied. After the assualt on me 18 months ago by my mother and court papers that she keeps fileing without merit (having me mentally committed -was dropped. didn't even know she did this until 3 months later when ex-wife mention and i searched it). My stepfather is a civilian engineer for the militery/gov. and I can't keep fighting there money. Mother is know paying for everything for ex-wife.Thanks for listening and responding.
You should get legal advice on how to handle this without getting burned any further.  I'm sure a lawyer would be able to tell you the best course of action to stop the nonsense.  In the meantime, going to a therapist to deal with some of the stress could help you focus and the therapist might even be able to instruct you on a clear plan of action.  Try some legal forums that are free for advice.  Good luck.  
Stay away from your mother. She has caused you enough trouble.
I am sure you have gotten legal advice.
How about some counseling for YOU and your little girl.
You have probably carried this torture with you your whole life ):
I wouldn't let your mother, or x know what any of your plans are, or they may
make things much worse. You sound like a very intellegant sp?, honest, and rightfully
STRESSED. You and your daughter need to use every resource available.
sounds like your mother and x should live together. They say you marry your "mother" or in my case my "father"   My father wasn't nice to me until he was in his seventies. He died in the fall.  No sympathy please.  He has so many of the same similarities as my husband (separated)  now. MEAN, crueL, etc.
You hang on to your little angel, you sound like a great job.  
How about an order of protection against your mom.
Can you talk to your attorney about this?   This is scary .
It sounds like your mother may have signifigent  (can't spell) mental health issues.
Call the ymca. Yes many men also have been abused etc. No shame.

I am so sorry.
Robin