Abuse Support Community
abusive sister

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

abusive sister

how do you forgive someone you cant trust  my sister thinks i should just forgive her and carry on but i don't have enough room to tell you the horrible things she has done to me ever professional says stay away from her  but my mom has leukemia and wants her family together just talking to her gives me an anxiety attack
Hi IVGirl, sorry your mom is so sick :( I've had the same poor relationship with my brother and sister, and haven't seen either for many many years now, and don't miss the hassle. But there was a time when we had to stand being in the same room, during hospital visits and holidays. We are were wary, but basically just totally ignored each other, with no one being the wiser. If i were you, and because i know how quickly leukemia can claim a life, i would see your mother with your sister there, for her sake only. Bury the hatchet and never see her again, unless it's in a therapeutic sense, if you wish to after your mother passes. Can you focus only on your mother right now, for her sake? When it was me, in that situation, there was only one person in my focus, and that was my mother at the time. If you need to talk i'm here.
aww this is a dilemma ..does mom and the others in your family know the things she has done ?
Tell your mom that you will come see her when your sister is not there.  I don't see any reason to be in the same room with her if even the professionals you have discussed this with say not to, even if your mother does have leukemia.  
thank you so much i am taking your advice yet the harrassment continues on text. today i am at moms and happy about that. i was hoping you may have heard from cindee I am very worried.i thought i saw that she was a friend to you too hope this finds you well
Hi Ivgirl, how is your mom doing? I'm not familiar with Cindee's problem, but I'll send a prayer her way. What type of harassment is happening at your mom's house? I'm glad to hear that you're with her though.  God bless you.