Abuse Support Community
bleeding after rape then sex

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

bleeding after rape then sex

My best friend was raped four years ago. I didn't know her at the time, but she told me that after she was raped she bled for weeks. She said it was heavier than her normal period, to the point where she would almost pass out. I told her she should've been examed, but she was too scared at that time.
She has gone to the gynecologist since then and told the doctor she was sexually active, and when she was examed the doctor asked if anyone had ever hurt her and she said no.
She has become sexually active again. After sex she began to bleed again. I still can't convince her to be examed. What could be the causes of the bleeding?
Thank You
First step, your friend has to be honest with a doctor about what happened to her.  The doctor obviously saw scarrring.