Abuse Support Community
drug abuse treatment

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

drug abuse treatment

The cost of undergoing treatment in a drug abuse treatment center is a subjective issue. What is affordable to one person may not be applicable to another. So, you’re right to look for cheap rehab centers. You don’t have to break into a bank or go broke in the name of getting off drug and alcohol addiction.
Hi.. sorry to hear you are having trouble.  You will probally get better answers if you post this on the substance abuse forum.  They are great :o)
hi.. don't worry that drug abuse treatment is very costly. many drug rehab centers are available to treat you against Drug addiction.Please have patience and try to quit it because its good for your health.  
Hi.. Its not very much costly there are some rehab centers who provide residential programs for 30, 60, 90 days
Hey Mike, you're right, not all are fortunate enough to get to a treatment center. It's unfortunate that they are not more accessible to everyone, but I can tell you that you don't need treatment to get through detox, and involve yourself in a 12 step program. Basically that is the outcome of any treatment program. There will be many people that you meet in NA CA AA that have gone to treatment programs and they will share with you all you need to know about what happened while they were going through treatment. You can look for a sponsor who has had treatment in a facility, and they can tell you what you can be focusing on. As a person who has gone through a number of treatment programs, I can tell you, that a treatment center is not the thing that ensures sobriety. You knowing you are serious about quitting, and will go to any length to do so, is what's going to ensure your success.
When you first go to a treatment program, they have you stay in a nursing station, where they help you get through withdrawal, by giving you something to settle down and sleep. A doctor can similarly help you to do this. If you have a person at home with you, that can go to a doctor with you, and be there to give you some medication to help you through withdrawal, you will have gone the same route as rehab detox. On the other hand, there are many here that are going through detox with no medication, and they are doing fine. The last time I used drugs or alcohol, I went to an outpatient treatment center, and had to home detox myself. It's doable and in the scheme of the bigger picture, short lived. Then in treatment, with a counselor, I spoke of when I started using drugs, and alcohol and why? Family of origin was discussed. You talk about whether your family of origin contributed to your using.  In my case, this culminated in me writing letters to my family members, and how I felt with the way I grew up. How it affected me acting out. I then burnt the letters, and "let it go".  My family refused the family sessions that were available. I could not control that. You learn through the Serenity Prayer, what you can and cannot control. You then go through you're whole drug using experience, and talk about your feelings. There are many losses and grievous experiences to drug and alcohol abuse and it's important to talk about how it affects you emotionally. There are 12 step meetings that you go to with the other addicts in the group. It's nice to have a group of people that are all accountable to each other, while in treatment. But the fact is, this dynamic was taken from AA NA and CA and anyone can get this group dynamic by joining a home 12 step group. I've gone to inpatient treatment centers and used the same week I "graduated". Like being in jail, you are unable to get drugs and alcohol in a treatment center and there are no guarantees that you can continue on the sober path, when out in real life. The outpatient treatment center, the last one i went to, was the best for me. Because I learned there how to navigate in the real world. I used to have to go around certain areas (where i got my drugs), stay away from bars, i don't mean not go in, i mean travel an extra 3 blocks to not have to look at the outside of the building. Many potential sponsors have gone through treatment, and they work with people from that vantage point.
Congratulations on your choice to look into quitting that monkey on your back. We're all here for you. Liz