Abuse Support Community
how do i get this anger out ?

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

how do i get this anger out ?

I am sooo angry at my brother for sexually abusing me. Tried to bury the memories... But 25 years later, they are coming back to haunt me. Have to deal with it. I am learning to live without guilt, cause it' not my fault. But can't seem to let the anger out to stop directing it towards me and my husband... Who i am loosing. How to express this inner anger to finally LIVE ?
How old were you then, did it continue for a long time ,were you able to tell your parents ? Some therapy would help I think , having someone to express how you feel . I have always thought once you  learn to accept that it did happen that it was'nt your fault ,it never is, and that it is past .,although it will still be there you learn to live with it.Speak it out it helps a lot ...good luck
Trying to bury your feelings do seem like a good thing at the time,but it will always come back to haunt you,firstly you need to speak to someone about your anger,it is good that you dont blame yourself,does anyone else know about what happened to you?is your brother still around?if so i would start by confronting him and telling him that what he did was unforgivable and ask why,he should be in prison for what he has done to you,your anger is one of the many motions that you will go through,but in order to work through this you will have to go through alot more,i wish you luck and happiness for the next 25 years.
I was molested for years.  The best thing you can do is try therapy.  I know it sounds stupid, but talking about it really does help-as long as it's with a good therapist.  They can be hard to find, so don't get discouraged.  Keep trying new therapists if necessary until you find the right one for you.

What you have to understand is that you can't do this alone, even though you want to be empowered and feel functional.  You need help.  And it's available as long as you look for it.  It isn't easy, but I promise if you keep working at it with a therapist it gets better.