how do you leave
How do you leave
With great difficulty...you just have to 'do it' if you don't and you know you should you will be forever locked into a cycle So depending on your circumstances , is he/she violent..abusive ...have you children who see/hear what happens ?.Its hard to advise when the circumstances are not known ...can you enlighten us further ?
U kno that ur important, ur life and ur emotional health is important and that it is something that you have to do to protect yourself. Do not stay, there is someone out there who will love you and not ill-treat you. You deserve so much more my dear.
First you have to make up your mind to go. Then you find yourself a congenial place to live. You pay the rent. You go home and pack your bags. If you feel it will be too difficult to say goodbye. The just leave a note and walk out the door. There is no easy way to leave, but there are harder ways.
Please be careful. But I agree, getting a place to go is important, and having extra cash to support the first few days as well. If you aren't able to afford an apt. at the moment there are many shelters that are specifically for women in your shoes and are SAFE places to go to. What ever you choose please do so carefully and safely.
My heart is with you,
you're not alone
Kallith
My daughter verbally abuses me what can I say to make, her stop? I used drugs 15 years ago. Have been clean, but don't have a job. I know she is probably just worried about me but I've tried to explain that I'm
I understand this concern for me but she won't stop. Is  my fault?
I suspect your feel you deserve her disrespect because of your past life. But the past is the past and you have to stick up for yourself. You don't say why you are not working, It is possible that she resents supporting you, if that is what she is doing. So get a job, any job. That leads to self-respect and respect from others.
Easy, open the door, step out, lock the door and start a new, improved, wonderful life.  It is uphill and it is ahead of you, you are just in a rut and are carrying too much emotional baggage.  Oh yes, and leave that at the door, too.  Good luck to you.