oxycodone/ativan question
Ok, here goes...

I'm an alcoholic trying to quit. Last drink was July 4th. I had previously been dry a couple weeks and was taking ativan 3mg/day. On July 4th, I slipped and drank. A lot. I fell and was injured, rushed to hospital, given ativan and pain meds, released 2 days later. Never took any pain meds before except tylenol or ibuprofen (I'm 50). Got home and was in severe pain. I refused the oxycodone script at the hospital.

Last wednesday, i couldn't take it any more and got 40 5mg of oxycodone and have been taking 6 a day. The other night i finished the ativan (on it for about 3weeks). Yesterday and today i've been shaking and sweating horribly. The pain is gone but i feel horrible. Could it be ativan withdrawals? Thankfully, I've had no cravings to drink.
Btw, I was in detox/rehab back in feb for both alcohol and xanax (2 to 3mg for 4 years) and I feel almost as bad right now as I did then. Could the oxys be doing it? Like I said... never did pain meds/opiates before.
I don't think you were taking the opiate long enough to suffer withdrawal. More likely it was the Ativan.
no,not the oxie. u have taken a light dose,total of 30mg daily.more likley,its a combo of the 2. or,it may be (believe it or not) a case of the flu. by the time u read this u should  have the oxy out of ur system. do not start on this 'devil' drug.get help for the booze. call ur local hospital and find out where u can get help.stay away from the oxys.