Abuse Support Community
unhappy

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

unhappy

Hi, im 26yrs old marry for 6 yrs... With 2 kids and expecting #3.... Today,my husband abused me he throw a pot of rice on me and kicked,me... im,not gonna i love this man... I want him to go into anger mangement... But i dont know how to tell him to get help or im leaving... I need motherly advice... My mom is a drugie no use in talking to her
Tell him you will not tolerate abusive and/or threatening behavior or lack of concern toward the well-being of his unborn child that he's shown by harming you today and that you want him to get anger management or will leave.  There's not much else to do.
I say get out now.  Get out as fast as you can.  My daughter was in an abusive relationship.  We have been through counseling.  1% of the abusers change.  Not very good odds.  You and your children are in danger.  Most women will go back to an abuser an average of 7 times before they break free.  Don't put yourself through that misery.
I agree about the odds of changing a man who acts this way. Just know that there is a better man and a better life for you and your kids. Your children are either going to be abusers or be abused, and you owe them more than that. I say make him leave, if at all possible, but if not, a shelter would be a better place for you and your kids than this. Please know , from a child who was in an abusive home, that your children will not feel sorry for you, they will end up blaming you as much as their father when their old enough to, but it won't change things up for them too much, even though they know it's wrong, they will still be an abuser or be abused. That's the cycle of co dependence. Please, think of your babies, and just leave. Give him a change to sink or swim, but don't take any more crap. I had to leave my first husband, and although it was hard to do, i am now with a wonderful caring man who would never ever lay a hand, or yell at me for anything. What do you want your' kids to mimic?
I can't give advice I keep going back.. I just left but im going back I jus won't live with him just say a few days so he knows I didn't completly go back smfh sorry u go through this after I have my baby I will leave for good but I have no where to stay its deal with him or shelter!  Inbox me if u want to chat
i cant give u motherly advice but some fatherly advice..u said u have 2 kids and expecting num 3 that means he kicked u and threw a pot at u when u are pregnant..no matter how mad he gets no man should hit a women and no women should live that way..scince u have kids u are probablly hoping he will change most likely he wont ur still young and have ur whole life ahead of you..if hes that violant to you while your pregnant theres something seriously wrong with him..i would suggest u leave him and stay with a family member till he finishes a anger managment class or some kind of therapy if hes not willing to do that to get his family back then u know he doesnt love you or cares enough about you or the kids..i know its hard to leave someone if u have kids but do  you really want your kids to see mommy get kicked?that really will hurt a child kids love ther moms and when he hurts you its just like hurting them..if u dont act on this he will keep on doing it  YOU need to take action or b prepared to live in fear not in love..ive been with my wife for 4 yrs sure we argue but i would never put a hand to her infact were so much in love 4 yrs later like we were when we first met..some guys after being with a women and having kids assume that you will allways be there like they own you and treat u like property instead of a person..once u take action and leave him u have to be strong and u have to lay down the rules that u are not going to be used as a punching bag especially in front of ur kids..also it sounds like u have some resentments towards ur mom im sure she loves you but drug addiction is a disease its a proven fact..it would b like you saying theres no use in talking to my mom she has cancer..maybe if u did talk to ur mom and she sees u need her she might sober up so she can help u..but u know the situation better than a stranger..im just trying to help im new on here i keep reading all the posts on the abuse section my heart goes out to all u battered women it really does but an abuser wont take action to change unless u take the first step...good luck...fred
I was in a abusive relationship wit my ex u need to explain to him that what he did u don't deserve and the kids don't deserve it at all !!!! U need to think about them and how they will be effected if he won't get help he's not proving to u hes sorry and wants to change. I've been told over and over that ill change speech but actions speak louder than words. I understand 6 yrs married that's a long time , has he ever done this b4??? I wish you the best and please stay save !!!!
I was beat by my ex so bad he almost killed me with his bare hands. It started with something simple and lead to something huge like denting my scull in. You and your kids are in great danger staying where not onky he can harm you but your kids and they shoudnt have to go thru that. Men like that never change but they say they will. And three years later my ex beats another women up and he had one whoke year of anger managerment and a whoke year of classes.  It never changed him because he has to want to change. Asking him to change is like asking trees to talk