27 With Red, Shiny Complexion & Minor Acne
I'm 27 years old and am still dealing with a facial complexion that leaves much to be desired.  Just for some background, I started to get acne in high school, which I would consider to have been moderate and now it's mild.  However, I cannot remember ANY time when I was totally free of blemishes.  They don't tend to be smallish red bumps, especially on the temples and cheeks.

I recently used Clenia foaming wash for about two years.  Recently, my derm gave me samples Brevoxyl 4% creamy wash instead, but told me that he didn't think I needed rX and over the counter benzoyl peroxide should be fine.

While my acne itself may not be anything close to severe, my complexion is awful.  My skin is ALWAYS quite red in the face, my pores on my cheeks are absolutely massive, and my skin is usually quite oily and shiny.  I think stuff like the Brevoxyl (I've only been using it for about 3 1/2 weeks at this point) may have added to the shinieness, but even when not using an acne wash my skin still has this quality.  When I use Cetaphil moisturizer (I've only been using it for about a week) I feel like my face is far shinier and redder than ever.

My derm seems dismissive of my complexion issues he considers my issues to be more "cosmetic" than health.  Does anyone have my problem?  My skin is both acne prone, but it seems treating that increases the reddness, oiliness, and tightness...altough that problem doesn't seem to go away no matter what.
get on a lower dose of accutane. Im not sure if your agianst it or not but take anything under 30mg for a couple of months and see how your skin does. I have your same problem but with mild acne around my chin and mouth. I took 20mg once a day and the oily skin went away within 2weeks with minor dry lips. Just ask your doctor about accutane and try it out, you might acctually like it.
It might be hard to get an accutane with acne that is mild.  I would recommend to my clients a gentle wash like Cetaphil Cleanser for Oily Skin, and Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion.  Not the Eliminating Gel, the Lotion.  It has the correct pH in order to work correctly at exfoliation and reducing inflammation.