Acne Community
33 years of terrible skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

33 years of terrible skin

I am 42 and have been suffering with acne since the age of 11. Lately I have been getting quite large painful bumps under the skin that do not come to the surface. This is happening all over my face, back, chest and neck. In the middle of my back I have a continuous patch of little red bumps that are white heads.Everyday I wake up with a new "crop" of white puss filled bumps on my chest.I have literally tried everthing.Every cleanser,cream, proactive, changing soap, laundry soaps, special foods etc.
Please, if there is someone who knows what this is and how I can get rid of this I would be forever greatful. 33 years is enough!
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine what these could be. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, cysts, systemic issues, primary skin conditions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you could try keeping the region clean and applying antibiotic ointment such as framycetin and see if it seems to help.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!