Acne Community
A question about questions doctors ask their patients
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

A question about questions doctors ask their patients

I've been to see a dermatologist for some skin like boils/abscesses I've been dealing with for some time now. I was just curious, is it the status quo for them to ask if you've picked at the wounds, or only when it's something they suspect you've done? I'm kind of a germophobe so I don't do anything but try to keep them clean. I was caught offguard by the question because it's not the first time he's seen me, or asked me this, and I said no last time, too. I ripped some of the gauze the other day when it was stuck to me, so maybe that's what sparked the question. But it made me wonder if that's a routine question, or not. I feel like I'm a little kid at the dentist being asked about flossing, lol.
Thanks
Hi,
How are you?  What tests were done? Try not to worry, such questions are usually routine and part of the physical examination and review of systems evaluation. However, not all doctors are also alike and some may not use this approach in examining a patient. Hope this helps. Take care and regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...