Acne Community
Accutane - fat meal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Accutane - fat meal

Hello. First I would like to apologize for my english because I am french. It's is said that we have to eat fat meal with accutane.I used to take approximately 25 grams of fat ( Colza oil ) and I hve seen that it would better if i took 40grams. So i have taken 40 grams for 5 days and some spots has appeared. I don't understand. Could too much fat causes acne spot ?
And since i have taken 40 g fat , spots take a long time to disappear for example i small spot , with accutane , disappear within 1 or 2 days MAX . And with 40g fats , a  small spot is here since 3 days ..

The change of amount of fat can cause all these problems ?
Thanks You
Best.
Hi there!

While dietary habits are not believed to be the cause for acne; there is no recommendation for increasing the fat intake above the normal required level when on accutane.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!