Acne Community
Accutane 2nd treatment & still nothing*testosterone?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Accutane 2nd treatment & still nothing*testosterone?

I was on accutane for 16 weeks a few years ago..it neither cleared my face up nor did it show any improvement.  I've never had severe acne, just moderate-but enough as to where it requires me to utilize the whole concealer/makeup deal daily.  In between accutane treatments nothing else works, and even before that first treatment I had tried everything under the sun for the past 6 or 7 years.  I am now back on it for my 2nd go-around and am finishing up my second month...still nothing.  Same old whiteheads every day and the little black guys on my nose.  I am a bodybuilder, (natural) who does not take any type of supplementation (testosterone more or less).  I have always been extremely muscular naturally with, I am assuming, a high testosterone count which allows me to be competitive in this sport.  I also have a ton of hair on my head and on my face-it's so gross!  I was wondering if there is some sort of correlation between the testosterone/female/acne/facial hair...and what it is?  Just want this gone. I feel like I've never left adolescence!