Acne Community
Accutane and still oily?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Accutane and still oily?

My 16 year old son completed one full course of accutane (he had acne conglobata on his shoulders, back and chest).  Became oily after, so went on a low dose for about 4 months.  After being off of the drug for less than two months, he is again getting very oily on his face.  What else can he do?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
Hi.
Accutane results in a long term remission from acne, after one course, in 80% of patients. 20% (including myself) require a second or third course.
Interestingly, the greasiness often returns without the acne after Accutane, so don't panic yet.
I use a good cleanser for oily skin: Estee Lauder's Sparkling clean cleanser. I also use a topical retinoid called Differin (adapalene 0.1%). This product did not work for me before Accutane, but is now effective.
Eloise.
Blank
hi. im 19 and have had problems with my skin since i was 10.. it finally started clearing up but now my pores have gotten massive and after washing my face it gets oily with in 30 minutes.... The amount of comments i get asking me whats wrong with my face and that i should take more care of it is so upsetting because iv spent thousands on different products and look after my skin so well i just dont know what to do!!!!
Blank
This problem generally occur with children belonging to teenage age group.They face sudden changes in Harmon and acne are the symbol of these changes in body.Don't pan .He will become alright with time.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...