Acne Community
Accutane and weight loss
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Accutane and weight loss

Hi, I am on my 5th week of Accutane and started a health kick about the same time - going to the gym 3 times a week for an hour of cardio vascular activity and started a healthy diet in order to lose around 14 pounds (2 pounds a week). I am 5'9 and 150 pounds currently. I have been eating around 1100 calories a day on the days without exercise and then 1100 plus whatever I have calculated to have burned off in the gym as extra.

The problem is, I am not loosing any weight at all and want to know if this is a side effect of the accutane. I have searched everywhere on net for answer to this and all I seem to read about is people who are on the same drug who have said they havent changed a thing to their diet or exercise regime but have gained or lost 8lbs or near enough. Im taking 35mg at moment and will be doubling that next month.

I'd really appreciate a response and know many other people will have the same question.

Thanks