Acne Community
Acne - HELP!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Acne - HELP!

Hi, I'm 20 and have an acne problem still!

It's a medium form of acne, nothing severe by medical standards but enough of a problem to put a downer on my day. So a few months ago I thought I'd do something about, I looked up Blue Skin Peel, PPX Laser and other acne laser treatments. I've saved enough for them and I really want it done, one thing holding me back; I don't know anyone who's had it done!

Because it's new, I'm not 100% trusting it and just would be more reassured if anyone here, who's had it done, would tell me what it involves/how it helped/has it worked/price etc etc

Thank you in advance peepz! xoxo
Hi there!

Well, the type of modality best suitable for the acne would actually depend on the type and severity of the condition and it would be difficult to recommend one without a detailed clinical evaluation. To keep your skin acne free it is advised to keep it clean and oil free at all times. Wash the region atleast 2-3 times a day with a mild soap and keep it adequately moisturized. For mild acne one could use ointments containing benzoyl peroxide/ clindamycin; while for severer ones it is best advised to consult a dermatologist for suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!