Acne Community
Acne & cysts UNDER breasts?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Acne & cysts UNDER breasts?

Hello, I've had this humiliating problem for approximately three-five years now. And I've tried just about everything that previous doctors have suggested; Three baths a day, special acne creams.. (Blackhead scrubs, usually.) Special bras that lift and allow adequate airing of the skin. I've been given prescription topical and oral medications in the past.. Those cleared up the facial acne fine, but not the breast acne.

Also, I'm not sure if this is related. But I have tons of recurring cysts all over my body. The heaviest concentrations are my in armpits, under the breasts and in my groin area.

I'm pretty sure scabies, yeast infections, and other common skin problems can be ruled out.. I've looked at pictures all over and none really match what I have.

Oh, I should probably describe how they look, yes?

Okay, well, the acne appears to be mostly under the left breast. The right has a little bit of acne and cysts.. But under my left breast.. It's COMPLETELY consumed with this problem.
See, they're like a bunch of tiny pimples mixed with a bunch of black/whiteheads. There's a lot of permanent scars from cysts that have healed up after bursting on their own from years ago.. But if I squeeze one of the black/whitehead or pimple-like bumps.. The ENTIRE area breaks out in a red irritated state. And it appears that every single pore in the area is absolutely clogged..

Now, it's not painful or anything like that.. It just leaves me very self conscious.

So, I'm just wondering if there'd be a way to treat this at home?
I have no medical insurance, so I can't really afford to go to the doctor or a dermatologist for examinations and blood work anytime soon..

(Also, please forgive the sloppy post and/or incorrect category; I'm exhausted.)
Tags: irritable
When you get medical insurance a dermatologist would probably consider you as a candidate for oral isotretinoin (accutane) which is highly likely to result in long-term remission from your acne.
I understand that is not realistic at the moment. Have you tried Cliniques antibacterial soap and Chest & Back spray? It sounds as if a large area of skin is involved making treatment with a gel not very economical, but a spray might be better?
Loiloi xx
If you sweat alot it is of course, good to wash yourself down as soon as you feel sweaty underneath your breast no matter where you are, go to a bathroom and wipe the area, of course this wont cure it but may reduce the breakouts if you clean the sweat-bacteria asap.

~Sarah d.
Hello, I don't know if this will help you, but it sounds like you have what I have, it is called Hidradenitis Suppurativa.  I have been to a doctor, only to be told there is no cure, but to maybe see a plastic surgeon (irritating).  Anyway, I have been using cetaphil anti-bacterial soap for the last month, and it actually seems to help with new outbreaks.  If you google Hidradenitis Suppurativa there are pictures to compare your sores.  I hope this helps.
I have the same issue - and I've used almost every sort of cleanser I can think of - acne washes, blackhead cleansers, alcohol straight, regular soap and water, almost everything....even tried neosporin applications - NOTHING IS WORKING. I guess the only answer is a dermatologist, but I have to see if my insurance will cover it. :(
I have the same problem with terrible reoccuring acne under the breast.  I also have tried all the things that you mentioned, to no avail.  I actually started to get an odor lately that smelled like vinegar as well.  Three weeks ago, I looked these symtoms (symptoms) up online, as I'm doing now.  I found ONE person that mentioned tea tree oil.  I hadn't tried that yet, so I looked it up.  Many of the tea tree oils that I found were diluted and sold in the hair care or ethnic hair care section.  Thats NOT what you want.  Those are cheap (like$3.00) and have other ingredients in them.You want pure tea tree oil - nothing else added.  I found a small bottle at the walmart in the vitamin section that is 100% tea tree oil for about $9.00.  I didn't use too much of it.  There were warings online that you can use to much, so I used a little q-tip and rubbed it on each of the sores.  (do a skin test to make sure you're not allergic before you go spreading it all over yourself LOL.)  Now three weeks later, ALL of the acne that I have had under my breast is GONE!  I did notice that it was a little harsh to my skin and dried out the top layer of the skin where it was applied (which is why I'm really glad that I used it sparingly with a q-tip.  I kept exfoliating in the shower before bed to lightly get rid of that top layer of skin and then would reapply the tea tree oil to only the worst areas every night for about 10 days.  Now 3 weeks later - all of it is gone now.  Now I am only using the tea tree oil twice a week to keep the most problem areas at bay, butIm starting to think that its really gone and that I can stop completely.  I will just dab if it shows up again. I'm always checking the 'sisters' because I can't believe all the acne is really gone.  Some of the large acne breakouts I had were there for months and wouldn't leave.  Many of the cycsts, or boils, or whatever they were, were over an inch in diameter and would just connect to the next one so that it looked like one huge acne sore.  Now GONE!  I tried to use it on a few smaller pimples on my face, and I wouldnt recomend that to anyone - the fumes make your eyes burn and the oil has a tendancy to spread lightly over the skin with the warmth of your body - DO NOT GET THIS IN YOUR EYES and don't drink it - its toxic if injested. There are also warnings about using it on open wounds.  I really like the application with the q-tip because you can really control where it goes and how much yuour using and also its not wasting a bunch of it by soaking it up into a tisse or cottonball.  Hope it works for you too, :) btw - Im not a Dr., so you should probably run this by your doctor first.
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have gone through this condition since I was 13 am 20 now. I have never seen a doctor for this problem. Blackheads,Whiteheads,nasty discoloration. Its horrible and ***** for you confidence. I know. But anyways when I got with my boyfriend of course he was going to know about my problem. Well he told me to use Johnson Baby Powder. It reduces sweat and keeps you dry all day. Not only that it drys the pimples all out. Ive been doing it know for the last 2 months now. It helps keep the problem away and I am very happy about it. Of course you would have to use it daily every night before bed and every morning before going out. I hope this helps in some way.  
I have the same problem. Dermotologist said it was yeast and told me to use caldesene powder which helps a little. I am also going to try tea tree oil
I have the same problem and I have started using baby powder with aloe and vitamin E the hypoallergenic powder and it seems to help keep me allot dryer and therefore the bumps are not as bad and they look like they are clearing up ...BUT I still have discoloration I am allot darker under my breast and in the groins of my legs .IT is really embarrassing to have this and feel so bad for people that are suffering as we are .