Acne Community
Acne Caused By Testosterone Treatment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Acne Caused By Testosterone Treatment

I had low testosterone 225 (33 yr old male). I never had bad acne at all. Since the testopel pellets were injected my testosterone has gone to 500 which is still the low side of normal. I started getting breakouts on my face and a lot of acne on thew back of my neck and on my shoulders. Some of the pimples are very large others itch.

Ive tried some acne treatments. The pads help with the face but irritate the skin. They do nothing for the shoulders neck or upper back.
It is a huge hormonal change to your body which isn't surprising that acne would be the result.  almost like going through puberty again.   How long has it been since you have been getting injections?  I ask because I don't know anything about this and wasn't sure if it was something you had to do for years or something you did over six months, etc.  
I have had the testosterone replacement done in October 2012. We may have to put more pellets in... around July or August. It's not given me more energy or really much else.