Acne Treatment
Dear Doctor

I am 30 years old male. I am having acne since when i was like 15 years old and i am still getting acne. I am having acne on my face, my neck and on chest. From last six months i have been using oxytetracycline 250mg (4 tabs daily). It seems to be working for me but sometimes still i get acne with white head and sometimes big bumps. Should i continue using oxytetracycline with the same dose. Does it have any side effects. I also have acne scars some are deep.How can i get rid of acne and scars. Please help me.
Hi. Oxytetracycline is generally well tolerated and can be used for extended periods for conditions such as acne and rosacea.
Ask your doctor for a topical retinoid such as Differin (adapelene) to use in conjunction with your oral medication. This will clear the remaining spots and improve the condition of your scarred skin. Differin is also generally well tolerated and can be safely used for as long as your tendency to acne persists.
Eloise.