Acne Community
Acne Treatments for Biracial skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Acne Treatments for Biracial skin

My son is 13 years old and is biracial -african american and white.  What kind of treatments, creams, cleansing etc. are best to use for the acne on his skin?  His skin is usally very dry and sensitive.
His skin color is more of a light brown.  His facial tone varies slightly lighter around his cheeks and nose.
Many of the creams have warnings concerning bleaching of the skin.
Most of the acne and oil is clustering on his forehead.  He has single, large pimple break outs on his cheeks, nose and chin.

Retin A: An excellent option

Retinoids like Retin A and Tazorac are the optimal treatments for acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. These treatments normalize the color without changing it, so it is good for all skin colors and types. Retinoids not only clear acne, but prevent its recurrence and slow the aging of the skin as well

I also recommend apple cider vinegar as a daily face wash,