Acne Community
Acne and Adipex
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Acne and Adipex

I have recently been taking adipex for about a month. I am happy with the results as far as weight management but i seem to have an extreme acne breakout consistenly for the past 2 weeks! I search if the 2 may be related but it doesnt seem to list acne as a side effect. Also i usually use neutrogena face products for the past few year of my life. (I have never had an issue with acne or breakout even as an adolescent) Last i was using the pink grapefruit neutrogena but i started using the new rapid clear foaming scrub also about 2 weeks ago; maybe 3. If its not the adipex could this change in face wash be the problem?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Adipex is not known to normally cause acne, however few patients do complain of increased acne with the medication use. The facewash is unikely to be the issue here, though allergy may be a possibility. I would suggest keeping the face clean and dry at all times. Ointments such as penzoyl peroxide may also be helpful in reducing the acne. If the condition persists, you may consult your doctor is adipex discontinuation would be feasible/ advised or for a systemic approach towards acne management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
thanks for the info! i did some research on the facewash and i found about 1:6 people were breaking out in the same areas as i! i discontinued the use and my face is noticably become much clearer again aka my normal.... perhaps it was just too strong for my skin type
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...