Acne Community
Acne at 40

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Acne at 40

Does anyone know if Proactive really works??  I'm in my 40's and get break outs all the time!
It may work for people with really mild acne, but for the most part people seem to think that its not strong enough to keep most people's acne under control.  Either that or they get good results for a couple months and then it stops working.

Something you might consider instead is checking out the acne clinic I go to.  They are in the San Francisco bay area, but they also work with clients long distance.  What is good about them compared to proactiv is that they tailor a regimen specficially to meet your acne type and skin sensitivity and they use far more effective products.  You also get their ongoing expertise too - as they do regular check ins with all their clients.  I developed acne in my mid 30s and they got me clear in about 2 1/2 months.This place totally saved my skin - they are about the best thing out there for treating acne.    If you want to check out their website, go to www.facerealityskincare.com   They have additional information on how the long distance plan works.  Good luck with whatever treatment you try next - I know how frustrating adult acne is!!!!

Kim
I would not waste your money on celebrity endorsed products. What have you tried from your doctor or dermatologist? The most effective prescription topical lotion is Differin, especially when used in conjunction with an oral antibiotic such as erythromycin or lymecycline.
hey im the same age as you and i stillget acne to im a guy and they told me its rare for a guy to still get it at my age lucky me ugh.Anyway i agree dont even waste your money on that stuff  Proactive it doesnt work i tryed it myself what a waste of money.I went to a dermatologist and got on retin A the strongest one and minocycline.It doesnt stop it it just controlls acne.good luck!