Acne at the neck area
hey,\
I have suffered from acne for a couple of years. I tried every cream , to no avail. Only after getting pills my face got perfect for about half a year to a year and then it got back. I am not sure if it is acne because it is only on my neck and shave area, and it is very sensitive and ugly and i tried everything already and it frustrates me. I think it's shaving trauma or something but I can't stop shaving do I?

Please give an advice,
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lesions. Possible causes that may need to be considered include ingrown hairs, cystic acne etc. You could try using a scrub with glycolic acid or salicylic acid, shaving in the direction of hair growth, keep the skin moist at all times by using creams and moisturizers and using an after shave with salicylic acid. You could also opt for permanent hair removal with lasers. You could use tweezers and ointments containing benzoyl peroxide/ clindamycin for the already present lesions. If this does not seem to help I would suggest seeing a dermatologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thanks a lot!! I will try these options out!