Acne Community
Acne on Thighs & Crotch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Acne on Thighs & Crotch

I'm a 21-year-old male, and for the last few months, from time to time, I get these pimples on my crotch, just above my penis, sometimes just tiny and some are big, just like ones you would get on your face.  Once in a while I get them on my thighs.  As of recently, I noticed a lot of tiny little red dots (pimples I believe) down my thighs, which have spread down to my knees.  There is no discomfort, other than slight itchiness, but it has me very worried.  I have only had sex with one girl, protected, and I'm sure she was clean.  When I was still a virgin I would get a pimple here & there on my crotch but it would be gone in a matter of days.  Now it just seems to be worse, but I only trim my pubes maybe once a month.  I don't think I have an STD, but I work outside in the sun all day, boxers & jeans covering my legs, and I sweat like crazy.  Is this the cause? I still slightly deal with acne on my face from the past 8 years, but now my crotch area is getting more pimples than my face does now.  What is causing this??? Please help!!!!
Tags: thighs, crotch, Acne, help
Hi. Acne occurs on the face, chest and back. Although it is possible to get the odd pimple elsewhere, what you are describing is much more likely to be follicultis. Your doctor can prescribe you an antibiotic foam to clear this up.
Loiloi x