Acne treatment using Birth Control Pills. is it safe?
Hi. I am 22 years old. I have moderate to severe acne on my face. My type of acne is Cystic acne. My skin in oily and acne prone. My acne leaves black scars (which are very big) and sometimes it is recurrent on the same place and it'll become severe and very painful. It is very frustrating because I’ve try a lot of product to control my acne but it doesn't work at all. I think my acne is hormone-dependant and its genetics because my aunties, brothers and cousin were having acne problem at this age.
1. I wash my face more than 3 times a day but the acne is still appearing. I tried varieties of anti-bacterial face wash but it seems didn't really prevents it. So I guess my acne problems are internal.
2. I have tried oral antibiotics (Clindamycin) but it's only temporary. When I stop taking it, the acne comes visiting me AGAIN!!!! soooo frustrating...
3. I use benzoyl peroxide as well; it doesn't really cure my acne. Because my acne often recurrent at the same place. It makes my skin dry.
4. I tried Body Shop Tea Tree Oil, it's a good product but as BP it doesn't make my acnes go away as i expected. and
5. I also try diluted steroid injection but it is only compressing current acnes not preventing future acne.
1. Is it safe for me to take Birth Pill Control, I mean at my age?
2. I want a medical overview on this?
3. I am not married yet and for my age is it okay?
4. What are the side effects?
5. How do I know I am hormone-dependant-acne?
I really need help. I am really tired taking care of my face with these non-stop acne. I wanted to try this BCP but I’m afraid if it’s not suitable for me or it’ll make my acne worse. ;(
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.