Adult Acne
I have been acne free for a long period of time.  I was freed from the blemish faced tyrant by taking Acutane.  It was pretty harsh, not to mention hard on my liver.  My BR count registered high while taking the medicine.  Since I have been off Acutane I have not had any problems until recently.  I have been relegated to live in fear of what I eat, what I put into my hair, what I drink, and what medicines I take that may be causing the problem.  It is so very frustrating having recently been acne free.  I have an appointment to see my Dermatologist in 8 days, but that doesn't seem nearly soon enough.  Currently I take Propecia, I take Benzapryll for high blood pressure, and I am always scared of what I am eating.  I hate my skin.  Can someone please help?
Although certain foods can cause histamine responses and aggreviate Rosacea, diet has never been proven to affect acne. Don't feel guilty about enjoying a balanced diet, which includes occasional treats.
Can your regular doctor prescribe you something to help with your acne until you see the dermatologist? Maybe a topical preparation like Duac gel, or if you are female an anti-androgen contraceptive pill.
20% of accutane patients require a second course. I have taken it twice if you need to talk. Loiloi x