Acne Community
Adult acne
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Adult acne

I am 45 years old and I have suffered from adult back acne since my early 20s. I also still suffer from a few facial spots.
I have been on an oestrogen based contrapceptive pill since my early 20s. I came off this pill for a year when I was 28 during which time I had no periods and the acne on my face and back became a great deal worse.
My acne improved greatly when I went back onto an oestrogen contraceptive pill at age 29 but my back acne never completely disappeared. My acne does appear to be worse during my period (although my periods are generally very light).
The skin on the top part of my back (where the backne is) appears quite dry and I shower every morning with very mild natural shower gel. I always wear baggy cotton fibred clothing. The skin on my face is very sensitve & I have to use extremely mild natural (perfume free) products.
As I am now 45 years old I realise cannot keep on taking the contraceptive for much longer but I am extremely worried that if I stop taking this pill then the acne on both my face and back will worsen greatly.
My GP is very unsupportive and I would appreciate some advice on how I can tackle this problem
Thank you