Acne Community
Antibacterial Soap Question
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Antibacterial Soap Question

Hey guys, been awhile since i have been on this forum...
Anyways, i had been only occasionally getting pimples on my back or my neck, and when i did, it wouldnt be so bad. And then I read that antibacterial soap is good for treating acne, so i decided i would try it. The first day i used it it was fine, nothing changed and so i decided to use it the next day. The day after i used it the 2nd time, i got ready to have a shower, and took my shirt off. And when i glanced at my back, i literally had about 50 red pimples all over my upper back. And not very small ones either, but not of the cystic type...
I had no idea at all what had gone wrong, but i suspected the soap cos it had been the only thing i had put on my back...Its been about a day since i discovered the mass outbreak, and they have gotten a bit worse, and there are more spreading around my shoulders and my lower half of neck. This REALLY ***** and i really wanted to know if it is actually the antibacterial soap or not.
Oh and i used it on my face too, but that hasnt broken out really, except i have gotten quite a few more on my chest. Please help if ya can...
Cheers