Acne Community
Antibacterial Soap Question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Antibacterial Soap Question

Hey guys, been awhile since i have been on this forum...
Anyways, i had been only occasionally getting pimples on my back or my neck, and when i did, it wouldnt be so bad. And then I read that antibacterial soap is good for treating acne, so i decided i would try it. The first day i used it it was fine, nothing changed and so i decided to use it the next day. The day after i used it the 2nd time, i got ready to have a shower, and took my shirt off. And when i glanced at my back, i literally had about 50 red pimples all over my upper back. And not very small ones either, but not of the cystic type...
I had no idea at all what had gone wrong, but i suspected the soap cos it had been the only thing i had put on my back...Its been about a day since i discovered the mass outbreak, and they have gotten a bit worse, and there are more spreading around my shoulders and my lower half of neck. This REALLY ***** and i really wanted to know if it is actually the antibacterial soap or not.
Oh and i used it on my face too, but that hasnt broken out really, except i have gotten quite a few more on my chest. Please help if ya can...
Cheers
What brand of soap was this?
Clinical make a good antibacterial soap, shower gel and Chest & Back Spray containing salicyclic acid. I have used this on my fairly sensitive skin without getting a bad reaction.
Eloise.

I strongly doubt that the soap is causing pimples, I really do. One day everyone will realise that pimples are caused by hormones, NOT food, NOT stress etc etc, sorry but these myths really annoy me because there is no scientific or medical proof to them.

I have been told by doctors said ordinary soap is as good as these medicated soaps. Don't be fooled by marketing gimmicks.

The only thing I would say is that soap can be very drying on the skin (for me anyways) so use an alternative soap free cleanser and dont over do it, less is better. Having said that I think soap and warm water is excellent at drying pimples.

Many OTC products dont do what they say they will. They dont have medical backing.