Acne Community
BIG pimple or cyst or infection?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

BIG pimple or cyst or infection?

My boyfriend has a VERY VERY large pimple - about the size of a pea, on the side of his neck near his ear.  It showed up a few days ago and he's been picking at it like crazy, but it doesn't have a whitehead or anything, it's just really big.  I personally don't think it's a pimple.  I think it's something like a staph infection or a cyst.  I know it's hard to say what it is w/out seeing it, but CAN pimples get that big w/no whitehead or anything?  It's also very rounded like a pea, rather than sloping sides like a volcano.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Chances are it is an ingrown hair from his beard line.  I have gotten some at that exact same spot and even when they dont hurt anymore a little pea size bump still stays around for a while.  I am still trying to figure how to fix those ingrown hairs in that spot. But they seem to come and go when they please.  Whatever he does tell him not to ever tweez any beard hair because that can cause those deep ingrown hairs. If he uses some benzoyl peroxide and some face wash with sacylic acid in it, it will go away in a couple of days to a week. hope this helps.
Blank
thanks!  I think it's starting to go down.
Blank
I am 2o and i fell on my tail bone in 2006 and i got what i believe is a cyst, it hurt like crazy. it oozed 4 a while then it went away. in 2007 it happened again and again in 08.  what i can i do to fix this, it kills.
Blank
1188260_tn?1264494515
i had one of those in the exact same spot that you speak of and its a cyst that has a core you will have to have the core surgically removed so that it wont come back anymore. my cyst came back every month for three long years until i had that surgery now i have been cyst free for 2 years!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...