Acne Community
Back and small particles under skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Back and small particles under skin

I have been trying to figure out for the longest a problem I have with the skin on my back. It's preferably around the shoulder area. I am prone to breakouts pretty easily on my skin. I've always believed I have super sensitive skin. Under the surface of my skin there are tiny little round, hard particles that come out every now and then. They are small and white, but they are hard. The weird part of it is that it's not a bump on my skin, but when I scratch these particles come out. I have tried everything and I don't know what the problem is. Usually if my back itches and I scratch it, they will come out. Could it be that my pores are clogged or what? I just need some answers. I went to the doctor when I was younger, but I don't believe she was right. Even if I exfoliate they are always there. Please help! I don't know what to do.
It does sound as if the sebacous glands in this area are blocked. If the sebacous glands produce too much oil they become blocked with excess oil and bacteria, which feeds off this oil (sebum). Ask your doctor about a topical retinoid like Retin-A or Differin which works against the abnormal skin processes involved in various forms of acne. If your skin is particularly sensitive wash with a bland cleanser before applying your treatment gel, and gradually increase use of the retinoid until you can tolerate using it daily. Topical retinoids should be applied at night to avoid the risk of sunburn to the treated areas.
Eloise.
Check out the symptoms of Morgellons disease. Sand like particles, white and black particles are a common symptom. Stay away from debunkers who think people are having delusions. No one in their right mind would want this. I have it. I know. Our culture denies the truth in understanding something new. Those who suffer from this know it's real. You are not delusional. Get advise from boards and find a doctor who will listen. Charles E Holman Foundation is studying disease with the assistance of Dr. Wymore at the University of Oklahoma Research center. If you have this you are not alone. Get treated asap as it is systemic and can get much worse as you age and your hormone levels change. also look up dr. stricker, ginger savely, dr. bransfield to start. There are many theories, try and avoid figuring this out. Top professionals are stumped including the cdc. Just get help if you have symptoms. the rashes, bites, scratches, and serious lesions are advanced stages of people who suffered without treatment because they were denied help by the medical establishment. good luck. Do you get sandy particles after applying lotion or in your scalp?- another early sign.