Bad, weird acne on scalp for years!
I am 41 white male and for the past 20 years or so I've had a very greasy scalp. I chalked it up to male hormones but especially now that my hair has thinned out considerably, so I figured it was male hormones causing the oily scalp, but I noticed that I have little sesame seed like acne literally embedded in my scalp and I get large pimples on my scalp as well which are filled with pus. Even when I wash my head at night I wake up with new pimples or these sesame like things stuck in my scalp and they only come out if I use a steel skincare item which presses down on them and make them come out. What the heck is going on here? Any advice how to cut down on this greasy situation? Is it just genetics? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include severe seborrhea, infections/ inflammations, parasitic infestations etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a dermatologist at your earliest convenience for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!