Acne Community
Bad Acne

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Bad Acne

OK this is my issue.. I work in a kitchen as a line cook so my face is very oilly, I wash it ever single day nothing seems to help oh and  21 weeks pregnant.. (not sure if that has anything to do with it) what do yuu guys think will help?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? During pregnancy,  the extra hormones in the body can cause the oil glands to secrete more oil. This can lead to oily face and may even  cause breakouts. Continue to cleanse your face every night and every morning. You can use an astringent (pregnancy safe) to remove any remaining oil and follow this with an oil free moisturizer. If it persists, it is best that you discuss this with your doctor on your next prenatal consult.Take care and do keep us posted.