Acne Community
Bad Bacterial Sores/Bumps on Inner Thigh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

2486335?1202526314
Hi there Dr. For about 10+ years I've had these bumps on my inner thighs. They have progressively spread throughout the years. They primarily come back in the same spot but with the occasional new spot. They are much worse during the summer, and I've noticed that they flare up phenomally when I don't wear cotton clothing that covers the entire inner thigh region. I went to the doctor with the first bad one. Including the inflamed region, it was approximately the size of a golfball. He sent me home with an antibiotic that was not successful in treatment. I've been told it was Staph bacteria. At their peak, they turn deep reddish-brown and swollen. The usual size on the surface of skin is that of a dime. Under the skin, is approximately nickle up to a quarter in size. They are extremely painful.You can run a finger over the bump and feel it is filled with fluid. I break the skin on top when it gets to peak size. They fluid is bloody and looks like, also, puss. It comes out a dark pink. I am very careful and wash my hands with antibacterial soap, and alcohol the affected area. I also, wash all of my clothing that comes in contact with the region, in a bit of clorox water. I've also tried Tea Tree Oil to aid the skin. Nothing seems to work. They are effecting my work, and what clothes I'm able to wear due to the pain these bumps cause. Please help... they are getting closer to my vaginal area as well. They also leave a purplish scar and and indention where the bump was. Thank you.
Hi. Which antibiotics did you take and how long did you take them for?
A further course of antibiotics certainly seems indicated.  Take the tablets exactly as per the instructions, some antibiotics have to be taken on an empty stomach. Finish the course even if your skin starts to clear and see your doctor again before the last tablet so he can decide whether a repeat prescription is necessary.
If your condition doesn't improve your general practioner should refer you to a dermatologist for evaluation and advice.
Once the lesions have cleared you could apply Bio oil or Palmers Cocoa Butter Scar serum to improve the appearance of any scarring and uneven skin tone. Loiloi xx
I took Omicef for about 2 weeks. Then I moved away from my parents home and lost my insurance. Hopefully I'll be regaining my insurance again in about 4 months. It's been 3 to 4 years without it.
I have the same exact thing they hurt so bad and I just want to know what is going on since I am only 18 and have had them ever since I was about 12/13 :(
ive had the same thing since i was about 13, i live in the UK so i can get meds, but they always seem to prescribe amoxycillin (4times a day  3hours after food)
they work after things get bad after summer - but never completely erradicate them, and the bumps/spots/boils always come back in full swing soon enough.
recently they have started to spread (suffered with them for about 8 years so i guess its expected) theyre now on lower parts of my thigh, the area i think is called the pubus (above my manhood but below my hipline) and recently on the lower parts of my belly, beneath my naval.

im a little at my wits end with this, but i worry that my gp thinks its purely related to weight or anxiety etc,

any tips would be greatly appretiated.

what should i do?
I too have suffered with this problem for several years. I am embarrassed by this & wish there was a cure or solution. They are not only embarrassing but they are so tender to the touch & sore. Currently I have 2 large ones, and a couple smaller ones that are starting to heal. They leave horrible scars and at times even appears to eat away the skin & leave holes. I have also had one on the side of my breast which left part of the skin missing. I too have been on antibiotics with no success. It kinda puts the brakes on hold when it comes to being intimate. I keep looking for a at home remedy but have not found one yet.
I am a 22 yr old female and also suffer from this problem it is the most uncomfortable thing. when they are present it hurts to walk and sit, they are also extremely embarrassing. My boyfriend thinks i am absolutly rediculouse when i whine about them ( he obviously has no clue how awful they are) i have been put on antibiotics 3 times and still have no luck of getting rid of them my doc seems to think its staff infection and the antibiotic does make them go away but they always come back. I am currently taking the antibiotic cephlacs i am almost positive that is spelled wrong but anyway i will get back to you in a few weeks and let you know if i have experienced any further out breaks and if so what my doc intends to do about them this time. because if the antibiotic doesnt work the third time its obviously not going to and other options need to be sought out. I have also gotten the bumps in my armpit area wondering if anyone has also experienced them there? I feel your pain and will keep in touch, but i have to say i am so releaved to know i am not alone
I have those awful things on my inner thighs, always near my waistline, in my armpits, and sometimes underneath my breasts. I bathe daily and i thought maybe it was a moisture and friction caused but that doesn't seem to be it. It makes me embarrassed and I can't wear tank tops or really short shorts because some of the dark scars show. You aren't the only ones.
i suffer with these bumps also i am 19 male and have noticed them for about 3 to 4 years now i always thought they were ingrowm hairs but now it seems to be getting worse it hurts intensely to the point of needing PAIN meds walking or sitting i need a solution
I also know some people that have this, and when they have gone to the doctor, the doctor said it was because it may be caused by the body sweat, since it is in places that the body tends to sweat alot, and well i know as well that they are very painful, i to have had them for a while (a couple years now), and no lotion or or cream has helped them become less iratable. So whenever someone has found something that works please post it.
I almost want to cry when reading everyone's post because i too have experienced everything you all are saying. Scaring, inner thigh bumps, As well as on my armpits, buttocks, and now i believe i have a cyst/boil on my lower back. About 6 months ago after being pregnant and getting an abortion i started noticing the same problem developing on my side that has come and gone several times. I have no insurrence and to be honest am down right scared to find out.
Okay, for starters: i am not a doctor and no one should go out and act on my advice witoutfirst consulting a physician. That said, Ive had these same bumps on  my thighs twice now, years apart, and so has my brother. I belive i got it from him to be honest. I have even got a scat on my leg that feels like skin stretched over a whole from one of these years ago.  Anyway, I see ppl here being treated like its an infection, heat rash, pretty ,uch everything except one. Fungal infection.  My brother has a  reccurring problem with fungal infections, mostly on his feet and is prescribed ketaconozole all the tIme. Basically a really strong version of the stuff in Tinactin spray. On top of working wonders on athletes foot  It also seems to make these mystery bumps go away for long periods. They show back up sometimes, and then show back up sometimes years later. Suggesting it could be systemic. It's possible that whatever otc fungus creams exist, or athlete foot spray would help also.
However...
I strongly suggest that you not go messing around with antifungals before consulting a physician. AF medicine can cause liver problems and god knows what else especially if youre particular problem isnt fungal.

I hope this helps cause i know how unpleasant this can be. Best of luck.

Anyway, i hope this helps at least some of you, i know how much it *****.
I have never been so happy to read stuff about this!! I am a 26 year old female and have these same things!!  It started out as a couple spots on my inner thighs but now I also get them in my left armpit and once got one under my left breast.  I wish people knew what this was, but I can't even begin to describe how happy I am just to know that other people seem to have the EXACT same thing going on!!  I too have to pop them sometimes because the pain is just unbelievably intense and when they pop it's a little relief even though the spot is still so tender. They tend to become sometimes quarter sized with a slighly flat soft spot in the top. (is that the case for you guys??) Hopefully people will figure out what this is exactly and how to get rid of it...or atleast something that could make them less active/painful!
I have this as well i am 39 almost 40 female i also notice what appears to be ingrown hair as well u squeeze them and a blk like seed comes out leaves scar as well as pink purple boil like puss filled sores and when those pop its brown w alittle blood ??? am i touching a cord w u they hurt major and always seem to be right where your panty line is in inner thigh then travel down i have alot of scars from these things and was told by a dr to use rubbin alcohol!! obviously hes never had them because it hurt major he said it would dry them up not the case i have found that using a baby powder alot like caked on after a shower and losing 30lbs i have had some relief to all u females any of you have PCOS??? wondering if this is connected with that or any females with this have excessive facial hair I have all the above

***@****
i have the same thing both on my inner thighs and underarms and i am also 18, it's incredibly embarrassing to me and i've had it since i was around 13. have you found anything that works for you since you posted this?
You know I have the exact same thing it sounds! They're horrible! THey tend to reoccur in the same spot, and when they 'go away' leave a sunken tissue type feel, even where the skin feels different, sunken. I noticed that they also tend to inflame the arteries/veins that run through there as well. WHen enflamed will boil up to a tight blister eventually either popping on their own (almost seeming to eat through the skin like a HUGE zit) and yes when popped, a good amount of blood and puss comes out! Now, I havem't found a solution either in fact can also agree they tend to be moving more north! While before secluding to the inner thighs they seem to be getting inches closer to sensative equipment. The only thing I found that seem to help is these 'acid' pill things (vitamins) I don't remmeber their name off hand (will post later) but they drop your bodies natural acid levels. I once figured it might be a digestive issue cause they seem to occur like you said in hot temps and for me when ever I eat ALOT of spicy food. If you find a cure, please let me know..I fully understand the pain and feeling this condition cause!
I suffer from the same thing, I went to a surgeon when one of them got so inflamed that I couldn't walk correctly. He lanced it and had sent the fluid away for testing. It came back as an infected hair follicle. I am going down the road of lazor hair removal and Botox to close my sweat pores. This has helped the amount of frequent occurrences. I will have to try something else to get rid of the existing scars, but this course of actions has helped a little. If anyone has taken this course, I would love to hear if it helped them.