Acne Community
Best face wash, gel, cream, anything or such for break-outs:/?.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

I am a white, 27, since September third, year old girl and have break-outs(acne) on my face. They aren't extremely bad nor just a few at that. I didn't really start getting break-outs until after high-school. All through school I might've had a few break-outs here and there but not many. After I graduated I did hear about how some people who didn't get acne in school, did get it after or such. It usta make me really not happy but I've dealt with it. I wear liquid make-up to help cover up my spots. My face skin is oily so the make up doesn't really go on thick or such like I want it to, and wears thin through-out the day. I've never found a good makeup that's thick at that anyhow lol, but yeah. I've tryed many different face washes, creams and gels, nothing has really worked. I've found one wash and such. It helps but doen't clear it up all too well. Use to, it'd be like I'd get break-outs and the wash would help make them look better and then my monthly(period) would almost get here and my face would break out some and then get better some-after my period. Now though, my break-outs don't look much better between my monthly's. I was just kinda wanting to know if anyone knows of any kind of stuff that would help my face either clear up or at least look a lot better with my break-outs:/. Haha then I wouldn't have to wear a lot of liquid make-up, sigh. Thanks.
I've seen Cetaphil before, at Wal-Mart and today & tonight I've heard about how it's a good one to use. Does anyone know how well it actually works towards acne on a person's face and such? Thanks again tons. I really appreciate all of this: ).
Cetaphil is a good cleanser for removing make-up but it does not, on its own, clear acne. You need a topical acne gel from your doctor such as Differin (adapalene). Female acne patients will also benefit from taking an anti-androgen contraceptive pill such as Yasmin.
There are lots of good camoflague make-ups, check out Toleriane by La Roche-Posay, Dermablend by Vichy or Maximum Cover by Estee Lauder.
I did get that face wash bar, and plus the moisturizer(I ran out of the one I was using, which isn't the same stuff as this one.). It does seem to be helping with clearing up my face some. I knew this stuff wasn't actully meant for acne/breakouts or anything. When I read on there about it washing a lot of bacteria away and such, I figured it would help keep my face cleaner and kill or get rid of the bacteria or some of it anyhow on my face and help my breakouts and such. ..just thought I'd let you-all know how this's going for me so far. Thanks.

loiloi, yeah I knew the stuff wouldn't actually Clear-up my breakouts lol. I have used different creams and such on my break-outs, they didn't really help all too much. They'd help make my breakouts look better but not clear'em up. I haven't ever been to a doctor about my adult-acne, never gave that idea much thought(mainly because money-wise and such). I've been on birth-control pills before and had heard about how they can help with acne, mine never really helped though:/ lol. I never thought to put make-up that way before haha, as 'camouflage make-up', cool. Yeah I've used a few different make-ups(mainly liquid kinds) before. They cover up good but you can still tell that the break-outs are there and everything. I want a good Thick liquid make-up but the one's I've used are thin lol. The make-ups you mentioned, I haven't heard of before, they seem high-priced though, from their name-brands names. Thanks again for you help: ). I appreciate it all.

Hi.
I am using Vichy by Dermablend at the moment, it is really good -check out my photos.
We're lucky here in the UK we have the NHS so can see a doctor for free. I know its different in other countries, but if you can get back on the pill Yasmin or Diane35 really help x