Bumps on buttocks
I had these itches on my butt i began to scratch and it opened then once it started to heal I itched again and this time it peeled dead skin off and hurt. when I looked in the mirror it was pinkish and moist. These bumps are on both sides of the crack of my butt not inside just out the outer sides. Help please.
Hi there,
A clinical examination is important for appropriate diagnosis and treatment. From your description it seems that it is folliculitis or inflammation of the hair follicles starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing, blockage of the follicle, or shaving. Common symptoms include a rash, itching, and pimples or pustules near a hair follicle in the neck, groin, or genital area. Diagnosis is primarily based on how the skin looks and laboratory tests may show which bacteria or fungus is causing the infection. Hot moist compresses may promote drainage of extensive folliculitis. Treatment may include topical or oral antibiotics or antifungal medications to control the infection. This is merely an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. Consult a dermatologist. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!