Acne Community
Bumps on neck/ upper back/ shoulders

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Bumps on neck/ upper back/ shoulders

I was recently bitten on my shoulder by some sort of bug. I quickly removed it without getting a look at what it was. I'm not sure if it was a tick, etc. Anyway, after that I noticed there was a bump where the bug was removed. The bump remained for a few days, and slowly disappeared however a dark spot still remains there. Now a few more raised bumps have been developing near that area on my upper back and shoulders, I even found one on the side of my neck. When I pick at them they sometimes flake in the center and are surrounded by a darker section.

Any idea what this  is? Should get it checked out before it worsens or will it go away on its own?

Avatar_dr_f_tn
What other symptoms are present? Insect bites can cause an immediate skin reaction such as localized pain, redness, swelling, or itching. It is important to wash the site thoroughly with soap and water and place ice or take an antihistamine medication to reduce itching. These usually resolve after a few days. However, it is recommended that you watch out for signs of infection such as increased redness, swelling or pain. Take care and do keep us posted.