Acne Community
Butt acne

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Butt acne

How can I get rid of this acne on my butt? It's been going on for several years now (actually, about 6 or so I really started noticing it) and I'm almost 19.... I can't get rid of it with face wash and I've also tried acne treatment gel.

Any ideas? Could it be something I'm eating??
Tags: Acne, Skin, butt
Butt acne can be a boil. Do not squeeze it or it will spread the infection.  In the past when I had it, I got some prescription medication and applied it.  It worked!  I think acne medication could make it worse.  You can also get 100% tea tree oil and dab it during the night.  It won't irritate your skin if it's 100% tea tree oil, b/c i'm assuming that your skin isn't sensitive in that area.  Hope this helps! If it's hard and red, that is a boil. Sometimes you can drain it if it comes to head, but sometimes, it won't, so you're better off getting some medication.
The only thing about my situation it that it looks like typical acne. It's not hard, it looks like a normal pimple and it's not always isolated... sometimes I will get one by itself but there are usually about 3 or 4 others around it. The only big mark I have is actually a scar from one... if you spread a boil infection does it look like it pops up as pimples??? Because that might be it, but I think I will try some medication.
I actually responded to a similar question right under this one, but anyways - I asked my derm about this and she said that backside acne isn't actually acne - it's folliculitis (which looks just like acne in my opinion and even leaves purple scars behind) and it's usually caused by bacteria (it gets trapped between our underwear/clothes, and for people who sit at a desk all day, can be worse). Popping/messing with it just spreads that bacteria around. I was using an exfoliating pouf and body wash with SA in it, and that helped a little (my derm said that SA is a drying agent, so it would help dry them out, but  not really clear it up). So I switched to an anti-bacterial soap (SafeGuard) and it's helped a lot. Oh, and neosporian.
you need to take honey and apply it to the affected areas at night, before going to sleep. Then go to bed and rinse in the morning.With in five day you star seeing  the effect.
ok, not thinking the honey will work. Folliculitis? Possible, try an antibacterial wash, it won't hurt. Are they small, without anything in them? Or large, nodules like, and you can feel and move them? Or, are they just red and bumpy? Sorry so many questions, but you need clarification - and no, I don't want a picture (just kidding!).

Give me an idea, and I can give you a direction.
It would be extremely unusual to have acne on your bottom. I would bathe in baby bubble bath, dry yourself gently and then use Sudocrem, a nappy rash cream also indicated for other skin conditions such as acne. It contains zinc which is good for your skin. Wear cotton underwear not nylon or silk, use washing powder made for sensitive skin and wear no pyjama bottoms to bed to let your skin breathe. Do not use tea tree oil so close to your genitals it could sting. Honey has healing properties, but as a healthcare worker i have never heard of it being used in this way. Loiloi x
I have the acne there as well. some are scars and I am fair complected and it looks nasty. I want to get rid of the scars but how? They usually show up around my period and i squeeze them then I get scars What can i do?