Acne Community
Can too much biotin cause acne?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Can too much biotin cause acne?

I started taking 2000 mg of biotin to promote stronger nails and better skin.  However, after about a week, my chin broke out with at least (6) deep blemishes.  Could this be related?
YES! The acne breakout is definitely related to the biotin intake. The same thing happened to me, I broke out with cystic acne on my chin after taking 2000 mcg of biotin. It's been almost a month now and my skin is clear, no more breakouts, and I've increased the biotin to 5000 mcg. Everyone is different but I would encourage you to keep taking it, it should get better!
i know everyones body works differently but i know im not the only one out there who has breakouts from biotin. i know for a fact that it is what is making ME break out because about 4 days after taking it i started breaking out all over my chin first just one... then two now all the sudden i have like 7 all around the same area my chin... its disgustung  and the only thing id been doing diff. was the biotin i would love for it to work because i really want my hair to grow faster... i take the 5000 MG which i know is alot but i dont really feel that a lower dose will help i think its just the way it affects me :( too bad because i heard it really works!!! good luck