Can too much biotin cause acne?
I started taking 2000 mg of biotin to promote stronger nails and better skin.  However, after about a week, my chin broke out with at least (6) deep blemishes.  Could this be related?
YES! The acne breakout is definitely related to the biotin intake. The same thing happened to me, I broke out with cystic acne on my chin after taking 2000 mcg of biotin. It's been almost a month now and my skin is clear, no more breakouts, and I've increased the biotin to 5000 mcg. Everyone is different but I would encourage you to keep taking it, it should get better!
i know everyones body works differently but i know im not the only one out there who has breakouts from biotin. i know for a fact that it is what is making ME break out because about 4 days after taking it i started breaking out all over my chin first just one... then two now all the sudden i have like 7 all around the same area my chin... its disgustung  and the only thing id been doing diff. was the biotin i would love for it to work because i really want my hair to grow faster... i take the 5000 MG which i know is alot but i dont really feel that a lower dose will help i think its just the way it affects me :( too bad because i heard it really works!!! good luck