Acne Community
Cetaphil, The Pill and Acne
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cetaphil, The Pill and Acne

I have really bad acne, my doctor just recently prescribed me the contraceptive pill and told me to use cetaphil. I have not seen any improvements. I was just wondering, How long will it take for noticeable results?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
it usually takes a month to see results. I'm just curious, what contraceptive pill did your doctor suggest?
Blank
1105920_tn?1259964888
did your doctor tell you that it could potentially make your acne worse, give you horrible side effects and when/if it does help your acne when you go off it the acne will come back?

sounds to me like your doc was just trying to throw something at you to make you 'go away'.  I'd go to a doctor or derm that actually cares about your well being.
Blank
Hey there,

umm it was the contraceptive pill called "Yaz".. not sure if its good or not
do you know of it ?

yeah i was aware of the side affects and he was kinda if-y about the whole situation about giving me the pill, although i have been booked for a dermatologist -- appointment is in another 3 months.. so i was kinda desperate cause i have tried different kinda of facial scrubs, anti-biotics (except reacutane) and home remedies ... nothing seem to work
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
Hi. Combined oral contraceptive pills such as Yaz or Yasmin block the action of androgens (acne-causing hormones) on the skin. They are often prescribed when topical meds and oral antibiotics have resulted in failure or relapse. Like all medicines there are potential side effects but many women can take them without problems whilst their tendancy for acne persists. I take Diane35 (Dianette in the UK) in conjunction with another anti-androgen called Spironolactone.
Eloise.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank