Cetaphil, The Pill and Acne
I have really bad acne, my doctor just recently prescribed me the contraceptive pill and told me to use cetaphil. I have not seen any improvements. I was just wondering, How long will it take for noticeable results?
it usually takes a month to see results. I'm just curious, what contraceptive pill did your doctor suggest?
did your doctor tell you that it could potentially make your acne worse, give you horrible side effects and when/if it does help your acne when you go off it the acne will come back?

sounds to me like your doc was just trying to throw something at you to make you 'go away'.  I'd go to a doctor or derm that actually cares about your well being.
Hey there,

umm it was the contraceptive pill called "Yaz".. not sure if its good or not
do you know of it ?

yeah i was aware of the side affects and he was kinda if-y about the whole situation about giving me the pill, although i have been booked for a dermatologist -- appointment is in another 3 months.. so i was kinda desperate cause i have tried different kinda of facial scrubs, anti-biotics (except reacutane) and home remedies ... nothing seem to work
Hi. Combined oral contraceptive pills such as Yaz or Yasmin block the action of androgens (acne-causing hormones) on the skin. They are often prescribed when topical meds and oral antibiotics have resulted in failure or relapse. Like all medicines there are potential side effects but many women can take them without problems whilst their tendancy for acne persists. I take Diane35 (Dianette in the UK) in conjunction with another anti-androgen called Spironolactone.
Eloise.